Saturday, November 28, 2009

A New Day

Hello To All!!
I'm back yet again and so soon! I decided that I'm not going to really plan when I will post on here. I'm going to just post when I feel encouraged/inspired or have struggles. I want what I write on here to be meaningful and not mindless chatter about things in this life that don't matter. I pray that God can use this through me to bring forth good fruits and if He wills encourage others.
That being said, I recently finished reading a book online that I happened to stumble across. The book is called "The Sovereignty and Goodness of God: Being a Narrative of the Captivity and Restoration of Mrs. Mary Rowlandson"
Mary White Rowlandson was married to a Puritan minister ,Joseph Rowlandson. And they had three children, Sarah, Mary, and Joseph. At sunrise, on February 10 1675, during King Philip's War, Lancaster came under attack by Narrangansett, Wampanoag, and Nashaway/Nipmuc Indians. Rowlandson and her three children were among the hostages taken that day. For more than eleven weeks and five days she and her children were forced to accompany the Indians as they fled through the wilderness to elude the colonial militia. She later recounted how severe the conditions during her time of captivity were for all parties. On May 2 1675, She was ransomed for twenty pounds, raised by the women of Boston in a public subscription, and paid by John Hoar of Concord a tRedemptive Rock in Princeton. She watched all her friends, neighbors, family, nieces, nephews, and even her own child die at the hands of a " barbarous enemy", she called them.
Her story is really quite encouraging. Though she had many low moments she kept her thoughts on God and prayed for deliverance whether it be death or life away from the indians. She really held true to her testimony under so much pain and gore. An indian after wreaking death and havoc on a small town brought her back a bible, and through her story she shows how she cleaved to His word through her many seeming endless days with the savages.
I highly recommend reading her story, its a very good read!! The Lord's ways are not our own, but oh how He blesses with His mercy and grace!!

The Story in her words of, Mary White Rowlandson.


 Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket