Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Hardening of Hearts

Hello Everyone


Its another day in this world and another day closer to going home! Its interesting that before I was truely saved by Him I never thought I'd look forward to death. Then again "death" isn't the end, but merely a changing of scenery for believers, I think(scenerey without sin:) ). Going home to be with the One who made me, saved me, and blessed me- with His mercy and grace that I never deserved. Our whole purpose in this world and our life is to glorify Him in all we do, continually longing for Him. Its bitter sweet! Though the only thing that seems to scare me is the pain factor, though I know even through that no matter how painful it may be I know He's there always just as He has shown us our entire lives.
Any hoo, on to my thoughts for the day. Have you ever felt God harden your heart? Like really feel yourself close up to Him like a tight fist? Its so weird but just shows me more how different and powerful God really is compared to the version I grew up seeing depicted. Recently I've felt this way a few times. A good friend had pointed out a verse in the lady's bible study a few weeks ago. Hebrews 11:35 " Women received back their dead by resurrection. Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, so that they might rise again to a better life. "
God's showing us through this verse that He hardens our hearts and gives us release from Him at times throughout our life.
I now realize what people mean when they talk about spiritual warfare. Its a battle everyday in every way, some harder than others. I think its amazing though how He can harden us and in turn allow us to feel it. I mean how awesome is that? That alone shows how He's not this weak and only lovey dovie God that the world tries to portray Him as. I hear a lot of "christians " use God in the analogy of the relationship of a parent to his child. One thing though that is off in this analogy many times is that a parent can't choose what child God gives them, for one and two if your going to go by that parent/child relationship you must accept it completely. Does not a father ever discipline his child? And in so doing that show his wrath in the punishment? Then again this whole analogy gets turned on its head because of the Lord's elect. Which not many people see as truth, which the Lord has preordained.
When I feel myself harden up inside I just start praying. How awesome that God pushes us away a little bit to bring us ever closer to Him than before. :)




Ben and Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket