Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cheesey Ham and Potato Chowder

I am back yet again with another deliciously awesome recipe I discovered on Pinterest. :) I love this one because it is so easy its ridiculous!




I actually pinned this recipe from the Fix-It And Forget It website. To see their slow cooker version of this click here.

Okay now when I saw how super simple this recipe was I knew I had to give it a shot. Unfortunately when I went to go and make this I didn't have several hours to let it cook away in the crock pot so I altered it a tad so I could just whip it up fast in the kettle.

Here is what I did:

2 boxes of scalloped potatoes w/ mix
1lb cooked ham cubed
32oz chicken broth
1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup diced onions
Pinch of basil and parsley
pepper
1 tsp corn starch

I started off by following the directions for both boxes of scalloped potatoes. Then I added the ham, onions and chicken broth. Then I turned the heat up on high and let it boil. I then added the sour cream and cheese plus the dry seasonings. I let every thing boil for 15-20 minutes. I added some corn starch to cool water in a seperate bowl to thicken when needed.

And that was it! Easy, huh?

It was so yummy! I know its got to be good when my 2 critics (hubby and son) say its good enough to make again. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket