Friday, April 8, 2011

Due Date

Last night was really hard. I felt the deep pain of the day we lost the baby sweep over me. Like wave upon wave the tears relentlessly kept coming yesterday.
My cousin is very ill right now in the hospital and her status isn't good. So hearing more on her and realizing the imminent sadness that today would bring I just felt like a mess of emotions. However, God is gracious and merciful. Here I was last night feeling pain on the coming of today that I must have released all the tears. Today I'm thankful that God has given me some peace. I haven't really cried and actually played with my little son and laughed with him a little. It has been a very surprising day of calmness so far. I know many have been praying for me and our little family lately and I hope to think that it's on the words of your prayers that God has answered and been with me today.

There is still a gloom to this day and it's not just the weather we're having, which isn't too appealing at the moment. I still feel what this day represents to me as not just a reminder of the loss itself but a symbolic moment of all the pain. It's also a reminder of God's love, the growth He's given me through this suffering, the blessing of a child, and hope.



Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know many of you have sent me notes of encouragement and comfort, I really appreciate that as well. All these truly mean more to me than I can express. Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Jennie,
    I have been thinking of you a lot today. glad you posted.
    *side note: I used the same HOPE picture on my blog.*

    As for your grief, I know. I've been crying non-stop the last few days. It's emotional what we are going through and we just got lift our burdens and prayers to the creator and trust that things will work out for the better. I am sorry about your cousin, keep me posted. I am hear if you need me. Life can drop some heavy things in our pockets but we gotta make a master piece out of it all if we want to keep living.

    I am glad you have hope, I hope for you. Together you and I are a team...you shine and it reflects back to me visa versa. Love you girly,
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thank you very much Felicia. What's I tell ya, great minds think alike! :)

    I'm sorry you've been hurting too. It is hard to grieve. I think grief tests us a lot too. I can feel God mold me when I'm suffering. Sometimes even that can be painful. Letting go in general is painful. With God and each other I sure am glad to have another BLM to talk too! Love you too, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jennie! You have been in my prayers and thoughts! I also will have this day...
    Nov. 5, 2011 ~ My arms will be empty on a day when we thought they would be full.
    Continuing to pray for you!!
    Your sister in Christ ~
    Apryl Yoder

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket