Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Be Still My Soul"

Brrr! Its so cold out there today! And yet I'm craving a hot fudge sundae with all the fix'ns! Go figure!:) Have you ever had those days where you go to make a meal and it turns into a huge disaster and you end up ruining what you were preparing? Yeah, that was me today! We had fellowship dinner at church today so I was wanting to bring something I haven't brought before. Let me just say that trying to cook ham and potato casserole on low all night in the crock-pot is a bad idea! *Sigh* Oh well I ended up whipping up a quick dish- pizza rice which wasn't too terrible but when your heart gets set on oooey gooey cheese nothing else can stray you from its deliciousness! Yes I think something cheesy is in order for dinner this week sometime!:)

Well on to my whole thoughts for this new post. While we were singing hymns this morning there was one I happen to cross while flipping pages that spoke to me. Its called "Be Still My Soul". It really encouraged me while I read the lyrics and I thought someone who has gone through similar losses of a child or any hardship would most certainly relate to it. So here it is:

Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side; Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain; Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change He faithful will remain. Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heavenly Friend through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul! thy God doth under take to guide the future as He has the past. Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; All now mysterious shall be bright at last. Be still, my soul! the waves and winds still know, His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul! the hour is hastening on when we shall be forever with the Lord. When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone, sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul! when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.


I really liked what the lyrics are saying and it was so relate-able! I hope that maybe these lyrics might encourage and speak to someone else too!

Oh and by the way I have learned this past week how terrible I really am at math! More than I knew I was before! Ugh! Been doing the finances and figuring all our bills....so not fun:( Its funny the other day I could swear I could be an amazing cartoonist! As I was imagining our financial situation I could picture us being squeezed by a giant belt and popping out of our pockets were grocery receipts and bills, bills, bills! lol It hurts so much you just have to laugh, right?:)
However, I guess as the lyrics above state: "Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change He faithful will remain.":)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jennie, I remember those early days and the financial squeeze all too well! For many years we had a cartoon clipping on our refrigerator that read,"Trouble is there's always too much month left at the end of the money!" It was so appropriate! Yet, the Lord was faithful to us. We always had food on the table and our children were always warmly clothed. Living on a single income was hard then and is probably doubly difficult now, but things always seemed to work out for us and our Lord is just as faithful to you as He was/is to us. Keeping your sense of humor in it (as you have shared) is one way that He is helping you get through it! Be encouraged. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennie,
    my name is Felicia.
    I discovered your blog from names on the sidewalk. I too am a BLM (Baby loss mom) and a survivor of Preeclampsia. Check out my blog @ tanaleedavis.blogspot.com perhaps even follow me in my journey since the loss of my daughter. You can read my full story on the faces of loss website under the tab for 25 weeks or Oregon. I appreciate your courage and strength through your loss...though I have a lot of catching up to do, from what I read you seem like a strong person. I hope to catch up on your story thus far and look forward to hearing about the latest.
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket