Friday, February 11, 2011

March for Babies


As some of my readers know I'm participating in the local March of Dimes March for Babies walk this year. It's going to be held on Saturday May 7th in Akron. I have created a team, Team Mazio, after my son. He was born 2 1/2 months early at 29 weeks 2 days gestation. I was due August 28th 2009 but had him June 14th 2009. I had developed a very scary, dangerous and common disease called preeclampsia. Preeclmapsia is an illness that pregnant women get. Some signs are headaches, severe swelling or edema, high blood pressure, nausea, blurry vision or spots, sudden weight gain, and protein in your urine. I had developed a severe case of it. Mazio was born via c-section after the doctors felt my symptoms and the risks of my health were out weighing my son's. He spent 6 weeks in the NICU but had a uneventful stay and came home fairly healthy.

My husband and I will always be continually grateful for the support and efforts of our NICU team and we know that March of Dimes helped make it possible that my little boy was taken care of so well. I always thank God for putting me and Mazio in this life because if we'd been in another lifetime we both wouldn't be here right now. Praise God for His intricate will!

If you'd like to make a donation to team Mazio please click on the March of Dimes sponsor me button on the right side of my blog. I sincerely appreciate any and every donation we get that can help more babies like my son! If you live nearby and would like to join Team Mazio and walk with us please comment below or email me. We'd love to have you join our team!

Mazio would love to walk with you too!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket