Monday, December 6, 2010

Clarification ....

I thought it'd be beneficial to all you guys for me to clarify that last post in light of concerns from a couple people. I don't want to misrepresent what I'm trying to get across and I don't want to scare you guys with worry. :)

When I emailed Dr. Goldstein I gave him a full background of my story and issues. I never gave him my dr's recommendation of a wait time, because I knew that he would agree with her. I wanted an unbiased genuine opinion from his expert advice. The center that he works out of is one of the leading organizations in the field of molar pregnancies and gestational trophoblastic disease.

His meaning by saying he disagrees with my dr's advice was on the fact that 5.2 isn't close enough. It's not technically negative and it could be dangerous for me if they didn't test me for a month when I'm not negative. My levels could rise and they wouldn't know till it was too late and the gestational trophoblastic disease could spread out of my uterus and turn into cancer. That was his concern and as a dr. specializing in this sort of thing he recognized the threat.

The reason I emailed him was for his opinion because my dr, though she is incredibly sweet and understanding, seems a bit out of her element with molar pregnancies. She even told me after the official diagnosis that she would need to check online and read up on the protocol for molar pregnancies. She even said once that I would probably know before her by surfing the net myself! lol :) She seems very old school about it as well. :) She would rather us wait a year but said she knows there is research saying 6 months is okay. Ultimately the decision is up to Ben and I what we feel is the best direction to go. Rest assured though that we are being very cautious and not being hasty. We have read up and done our homework. The decision we're making is a much reflected on one. The plan is to still consult either my dr. or the mfm dr. I would be seeing in the next pregnancy.

I don't want you guys to be afraid for me so I wanted to just ease your minds with this follow up! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket